We build Custom Residential Models
Table of Contents
3D Residential Models + Technology
It’s often difficult for those who are not in the industry to mentally visualize realistic 3D representations from 2D home design images and text descriptions. 3D printers can now affordably quickly produce 3D residential models for portraying ideas and plans to interested parties such as home buyers, city planners, investors and planning commissions. Investors and potential buyers no longer need to be able to interpret complex AutoCAD print-outs to visualize their potential investments.
3D printing is an emerging technology with unlimited potential. Advanced printing technologies can now print home designs with a high-degree of accuracy and can reproduce designs with intense detail at an affordable price.
Residential models of single-family homes, condos, apartment complexes and town homes are beneficial in the planning, design, fundraising, construction, marketing and sales process of residential home planning.
Selected Projects Gallery
Features & Benefits of Residential Models
- Realistic. A 3D residential model provides a visual perspective that is nearly impossible to achieve from traditional media such as blueprints, drawings or digital computerized models.
- Reactive. 3D printed home designs allow architects, prospective home owners and contractors the ability to see the home or housing complex in its element. The design can be printed within its own natural surroundings including terrain, window views, natural sun and seasonal changes.
- Choice. Models can be printed with full detail or monochrome and everything in-between. Using 3D printing you can easily fully print “show” homes and monochrome “place holder” models for showing an entire apartment complex or new housing division.
- Affordability. Using 3D printing you can order prints for something as small as a pool to as large as an entire multi-unit, multi-use facility for a low price.
- Portfolio. 3D prints are an excellent addition to your home design portfolio, which can help you land new clients and investors.
- Customization. Using new 3D printing technologies, you can easily customize prints to show details such as the inside of energy efficient walls or electrical and plumbing details.
Technology and Materials for 3D Architectural Models
- With 3D printing technology, you aren‘t limited to straight lines and boxes. A 3D printer can easily print curved walls and rounded rooflines.
- We can 3D print models in different materials including UV-cured resin. The type of model determines which material will produce the best results. We can help you choose the material that is best for your project.
- 3D printed architectural models show incredible detail. The resolution of our printers is finer than a human hair.
- Architectural models can be 3D printed in full-color (over 750,000 variations of color) for awe-inspiring presentations and displays. No painting required!
Pricing of Custom Residential Models
The cost of residential 3D models is based on the volume of material (size of the model), the time it takes to create the 3D printable file and other elements of the model. Each model is bid individually and the best way to determine cost is to email us, call us at 385-206-8700, or fill out the form below and let us bid on your project.
Get a Free Price Estimate for 3D Residential Models
Custom Fabrication Workflow
Common Questions & Answers
What file type is required to 3D print a model?
We work with all architectural CAD programs including AutoCAD, Revit, Chief Architect, ArchiCAD and Sketchup, just to name a few. If you design in 3D, we will start with your 3D files. If you have 2D blueprints and elevations, or artist‘s sketches, we can build a model from these files as well.
Do the printers print in color?
Yes. Anything printed in UV-cured resin materials are a single color but can be painted.
What is the material used?
We print in UV-cured resins. We also use hand modeling techniques for large topographies and landscapes.
What is the largest model you can 3D print?
The build envelope on our larger printers is 9“ x 15“ x 20“. This is the largest model we can print in a single piece. We can 3D print larger models in multiple pieces.
What is the turnaround time for a 3D-printed residential model?
We usually ask for four to six weeks from the time we take the order to when you will receive the model. We understand that sometimes deadlines are tight and we can accommodate rush orders in as little as one week.
Can you 3D print the interior of a home or building?
Yes. We can create a model with a removable roof and floors so you can see the layout of the home.
Can you 3D print terrain, swimming pools, arbors, hardscaping features, etc.?
Yes. We can print any features you need.
If I want a second model is it cheaper?
Our pricing is based on the amount of material used and the time it takes to prepare your design. The second model is less money because the design portion is complete.
Do you have a question we didn‘t answer? Don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-385-206-8700 or [email protected].
WhiteClouds has delivered models around the world.
History of Residential Models
Residential planning designs have been utilized since humans figured out how to connect two sticks together. Technology has greatly evolved since the dawn of architecture, but the need to visualize a home design before building has existed since humans sought shelter. In fact, archaeologists have found fired-clay models dating back to nearly 5000 BC.
As home design and building became more expensive and subject to government regulations, the need for accurate and affordable models increased in demand. Creating 3D home designs from glue, cardboard and paint is tedious and time-consuming. Old-fashioned modeling is no longer efficient or required. 3D modeling can produce accurate representations as detailed as desired.
Computer Aided Design (CAD) coupled with 3D printing can generate realistic to-scale models that not only accurately represent the original design but also excite the imagination of investors and buyers.