Trade show Displays
We build Custom Trade Show 3D Displays
Table of Contents
3D Trade Show Displays + Technology
3D printing technologies have been popular for printing prototypes for tradeshows, marketing and branding purposes for years. Now the same technology can be used to print affordable, brilliant 3D tradeshow display elements. Displays can be multi-colored, reusable, durable and simple to move and setup. Flat 2D images and displays cannot provide the 360-degree experience you may be looking to create for your tradeshow booth. With next-gen fabrication methods along with traditional 3D fabrication materials such as foam, metal, wood, acrylic and plastic, we can create anything you can dream up at any size or scale.
Trade show success is not just dictated by how great your product is, as the show room floor is much more competitive than that. With thousands of participants trying to gain potential customers, media mentions and the attentions of influencers within a frenzied three-day time span, new technology such as 3D printing may help you stand out.
Selected Projects Gallery
Features & Benefits of Trade Show Models
- Realistic. A 3D trade show display provides a visual perspective that is impossible to replicate using 2D technology.
- Reactive. Your potential customers and clients can walk around your 3D printed designs providing interactivity.
- Choice. Models can be printed with full detail, with a few colors or monochrome. Using 3D printing you can easily print realistic color designs or simple prototypes.
- Affordability. Using 3D printing you can order display elements for a reasonable price depending on material used and the level of design assistance needed.
- Testability. 3D prints are an excellent way to test new branding and marketing ideas.
- Consistency. Using new 3D printing technologies, you can easily duplicate trade show design elements for use in numerous marketing endeavors simultaneously.
- Size. No project is too large or too small, from a single statue/prop to full-booth theming. If you can design it, we can create a physical model of it. If you can’t design it, we have a team of design professionals who can. We can work with preparing 3D displays and large product replicas from scans, drawings, photos, and even napkins.
- Capacity. Did we mention that we have 60,000 square feet of production facilities in Utah, including the largest capacity of full-color 3D printing in the world?
Technology and Materials for Trade Show Displays
- With 3D printing technology, you aren‘t limited to straight lines and boxes. A 3D printer can easily detailed, complex shapes.
- We can 3D print models in different materials including digital plastic, and UV-cured resin. The type of model determines which material will produce the best results. We can help you choose the material that is best for your project.
- 3D printed trade show models show incredible detail. The resolution of our printers is finer than a human hair.
- Trade show models can be 3D printed in full-color (over 750,000 variations of color) for awe-inspiring presentations and displays. No painting required!
- With foam fabrication technologies such as CNC Cutting, Hot Wires, Laser Cutting, Hot Knifing, and Sculpting, we can create some very immersive and experiential displays.
Pricing of Custom Trade Show Displays
Cost of trade show displays is based on the volume of material (size of the display), the time it takes to create the 3D printable file and other elements of the display. Each display is bid individually and the best way to determine cost is to email us, call us at 385-206-8700, or fill out the form below and let us bid on your project.
Get a Free Price Estimate for 3D Trade Show Displays
Custom Fabrication Workflow
Visit Related Galleries
Common Questions & Answers
What file type is required to make a trade show display?
We work with all architectural CAD programs including AutoCAD, Revit, Chief Architect, ArchiCAD and Sketchup, just to name a few. If you design in 3D, we will start with your 3D files. If you have 2D blueprints and elevations, or artist‘s sketches, we can build a display from these files as well.
Do you 3D print all trade show displays?
No. We use a variety of technologies to make trade show experience displays. Besides 3D printing in different materials we utilize CNC machining, laser cutting, laser etching, casting, sculpting, painting, airbrushing, laminating, vinyl printing, and woodworking to produce highly engaging displays that fit your exact needs.
What is the material used?
We match the correct material and fabrication process to your requirements in terms of presentation, size, and transportability. We can 3D print in uv-cured resin, plastic, rubber-like acrylic, and nylon. We also fabricate in our model shop using different types of foam, wood, metal, resins, and acrylic.
What is the largest trade show display you can make?
There is no limit to the size of display. If you are using cartoon models, character models or foam sculptures, they can have a huge impact when extremely large. Transportability will be your only concern on an extremely large display.
What is the turnaround time for a trade show display?
This depends on the features of the display itself. We usually ask for four to six weeks from the time we take the order to when you will receive the display. If it is a full-themed display, we will need more time. We understand that sometimes deadlines are tight and we can accommodate rush orders in as little as one week.
What features can a trade show display have?
Besides the physical 3D display with the proper color and appearance, you can elect to ask for special lighting, sound, and movement. Assembly and take-down options can also be requested prior to quoting.
If I want a second display is it cheaper?
Our pricing is based on the fabrication costs and the time it takes to prepare your design. The second display is less money because the design portion is complete.
Do you have a question we didn‘t answer? Don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-385-206-8700 or [email protected].
WhiteClouds has delivered models around the world.
History of Trade Show Displays
Many industry historians refer to The Great Exhibition held in 1851 in Central London as one of the first big trade shows. At this event, exhibitors from around the world showcased marvels such as new technologies, industrial machines and rare jewels. It was also the first event to feature modern pay-toilets and it kicked off the first America’s Cup yachting event.
Another large event often referred to is the ‘world’s fairs’ or ‘world expositions’. These events are well-known for permanent installations such as the Eiffel Tower, the Seattle Center Space Needle and the Aquarium of Genoa. While your product may not be the Eiffel Tower, it may be the Arc de Triomphe of your portfolio and is worth showing off in full 3D.
Modern 3D techniques assisted by Computer Aided Design (CAD) can create trade show displays reaching forward rather than relying on simple technologies of the past. Using new 3D technologies you not only attract booth visitors, but also show that your company strives to be innovate and takes advantage of emerging technologies.