3D Theme Models
We build custom 3D Theme Models
Table of Contents
Hotels, amusement parks, even escape rooms draw customers in great droves. But what could all these things have in common? The answer is in their use of “theming”. If you need an example, look no further than the The Walt Disney Company™. It’s not difficult to see how Disney is the ultimate example on the impact of theming. Looking at their hotels, their parks, and their merchandise, it’s no wonder they stand out in everyone’s mind. You can do the same!
You could capture the attention of your audience through unique creativity, interactivity, or pure size. Simply put, 3D theme Models stand out in a crowd. These theme models can be sculptures, murals, props, letters, architectural, dioramas, or special displays. You are only limited by imagination!
Here are some other benefits “theme”-ing can provide:
- Theme models provide an immersive experience for consumers. The more interactive and creative the product and its surroundings are, the more likely it will stand out in your customer’s mind.
- Themed models can capture attention and coax everyone to spend more time at and around your display.
- With theme-ing and large backgrounds, someone can see how a product looks within the right context, along with the added benefit of the product coming to life in a world created just for it.
- Themes can bring more traffic to social media channels as well as to your other advertising methods. With a jaw-dropping display, people won’t be able to help but to snap a selfie to post on their social media. They provide something new for viewers to talk about, rather than the common things they see everyday at every other convention, trade show, or museum.
Features & Benefits
- Professional Creations – We have a team of designers, 3D artists, model-makers, painters, air-brushers, sculptors, carpenters, and welders to fabricate that imaginative, immersive, and experiential themed model.
- No project is too large or too small, from a single statue to full-room theming or from a small movie prop to an outdoor architectural production set. If you can design it, we can create a physical model of it. If you can’t design it, we have a team of design professionals who can. We can work with preparing 3D models from scans, drawings, photos, and even napkins.
- Did we mention, we have 60,000 square feet of production facilities in Utah, including the largest capacity of full-color 3D printing in the world.
- Technologies include Foam Fabrication, Hot Wiring, CNC Cutting, Laser Cutting, Welding, and 6 different 3D Printing technologies for rapid prototyping or production models.
- Scale models with prototypes, architectural models, diorama models, and interior models can all be used to help visualize extreme details of the final grand theming before any large production work begins.
- Portability and/or mobility may be an issue, especially with theming that may be used for trade show displays. We have the team that can create your trade show themed model including custom electronics, lighting, and sound.
- What better use of theming, than to use popular cartoon models, character models and other foam sculptures to create a magical atmosphere.
Technology and Materials
- We use foam fabrication technologies such as CNC Cutting, Hot Wires, Laser Cutting, Hot Knifing, and Sculpting.
- With 3D printing technology, you aren’t limited to straight lines and boxes. A 3D printer can easily create detailed, complex shapes. We use six different 3D printing technologies using different materials including UV-cured resin. The type of physical end-product determines which material will produce the best results. We can help you choose the material that is best for your project. Resolution on our printers is finer than a human hair. Our color 3D printers can print in full-color (over 750,000 variations of color) for awe-inspiring reality.
- Our in-house spray booth gives us flexibility in different types and grades of paint and finishing capabilities.
- Depending on requirements for durability, weather-proofing, temperature, mobility, strength, and flexibility, different finishes for our themed models can be used. These finishes may be combinations of painting, air-brushing, flat-to-glossy finishes, natural environment finishes, soft-shell and hard-shell coatings, sealers, and glassing. These can be from latex, acrylic, urethane, polyurea, epsilon, polyurethane, and many others.
Get a Free Price Estimate
We work with all architectural CAD programs and modeling programs including AutoCAD, Revit, Chief Architect, ArchiCAD, Maya, 3DS Max Design, Zbrush, and Sketchup, just to name a few. If you design in 3D, we will start with your 3D files. If you have 2D blueprints and elevations, or artist’s sketches, we can build a display/model from these files as well. If all you have is an idea or a napkin drawing, we can start with that.
It can be a number of different technologies, individually or combined. These range from 3D Foam, 3D Printing, CNC Cutting, laser cutting, laser etching, casting, molding, sculpting, painting, airbrushing, laminating, vinyl printing, and woodworking – all meant to produce highly engaging models that fit your exact needs.
We match the correct material and fabrication process to your requirements in terms of presentation, size, and transportability. We fabricate in our model shop using different types of foam, wood, metal, resins, and acrylics. We can also 3D print in uv-cured resin, plastic, rubber-like acrylic, and nylon.
There is no limit to the size of model. Transportability will be your only concern on an extremely large display model.
This depends on the features of the model itself as well as the scale of the model. We usually ask for six to eight weeks from the time we take the order to when you will receive the model. Large projects can be four to six months or longer. We understand that sometimes deadlines are tight and we can accommodate rush orders.
Besides the physical 3D model display with the proper color and appearance, you can elect to ask for special lighting, sound, and movement.
Our pricing is based on the fabrication costs and the time it takes to prepare your design. The second model is less money because the design portion is complete.
Do you have a question we didn‘t answer? Don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-385-206-8700 or [email protected]
WhiteClouds has delivered models around the world.
History of Themed Models
Today, there are exhibits, museums, tradeshows, and specialized events that will be focused on specific themes. Many of these themes are designed around a particular historical theme, nature theme, movie theme or many other categories. Some of the earliest private collections, sometimes called museums, were where families and institutions would exhibit art, curious objects, and artifacts. One of the oldest museums was Ennigaldi-Nanna’s museum (filled with Mesopotamian antiquities dating back to 530 BC). Early exhibitors were very partial to who had access to many of these private collections. Back to the present – the availability of themed models and exhibits allows for the creation of very unique and exciting displays, where the owners are able to experience these themes, whether on a temporary or permanent basis.
Most theme models today are built with components related to foam (Polystyrene) sculpting. Polystyrene was first discovered in 1839 by Eduard Simon. He found that the distilled resin of the Turkish sweetgum tree (Liquidambar orientalis) produced an oily substance that after a few days oxidized into a jelly he called Styrol oxide. In 1866, Marceliln Berthelot correctly identified the formation of Styroloxyd from styrol as a polymerization process. Years later it was realized that the heating of styrol would start a chain reaction that produced macromolecules, which later received the official name of Polystyrene.
Computer design and modeling software coupled with model making technologies such as sculpting of foam (Polystyrene), CNC cutting, and 3D printing can be used to create realistic looking themed models. These themed models provide much enjoyment to the owners and their visitors to be able to experience these thrilling visual moments