3D Print your Spore Creature
For players of the game Spore, we have exciting news. You can 3D print your Spore creature and hold your favorite character in your hand.
Before choosing your Spore creature to 3D print, keep the following criteria in mind:
In order to ensure a successful print, make sure your creature has the following criteria:
- Make sure it is a creature. Vehicles, buildings, and space-ships will not export into a printable file.
- The creature must be from the “Creature Stage” of the game. We cannot print armor from the Tribal Stage.
- Make sure there are no tiny protrusions, spikes, horns, foliage, fins, or anything that could easily break off.
- We cannot print items that have a slim base and are top heavy, including some stalk eyes, some wings, and other various parts.
- If in doubt, send us your file and we will evaluate its ability to print successfully.
To upload your file during Checkout, export your Spore following these instructions:
To Export the Spore from the Game
- Boot the game up and make sure you have the newest patch. (Patch 1.05) The newest patch is what allows the game to export your creature.
- Go into the creature editor and identify the creature that you want to print.
- There are many guidelines on what qualifies a creature for printing (see guidelines above). Make sure your creature follows these rules.
- While in the creature editor, switch to paint mode.
- Press Shift+Ctrl+C to bring up the cheat menu.
- Type “colladaexport” and hit enter.
- If this is the first time you are exporting a creature, the game will prompt you to accept an agreement.
- The game may take several minutes to export your creature. During this time Spore may seem as though it isn’t responding; be patient.
- The game has successfully exported when a line of text appears saying your creature has been exported to “My Documents/My Spore Creations/Creatures”.
- Navigate to the previously listed folder.
Zip up all of these files in one folder:
All of these files are required to print your Spore character.
3D Print your Spore
- Select the Spore product
- Upload your zip file after checkout
- Complete checkout
WhiteClouds is a 3D printing service company and we will 3D print your Spore and ship it directly to your door. Enjoy your very own Spore creature in 3D!