SketchUp, or Trimble SketchUp, is a free 3D modeling program. SketchUp Pro has more features than the free version and is available for purchase. Sketchup was formally Google SketchUp, but in 2012 Trimble purchased Google SketchUp and is now called Trimble SketchUp. Trimble also has a site called Trimble 3D Warehouse where users can download 3D models and share their designs with others.
SketchUp Make Features
SketchUp has several features, including extension warehouse, pattern fills, copy array, speedy vector rendering, curved label leader lines, video export, and more.
- Extension Warehouse: Install additional tools to SketchUp
- Pattern Fills: Fill shapes with hatching and other patterns
- Copy Array: Make arrays of copies
- Speedy Vector Rendering: Rendering is now faster
- Curved Label Leader Lines: Click-and-drag curved label leader lines
- Video Export: Export high-quality animations
To learn more about the latest in 3D Printing, check out our 3D printing.